SUPPLEMENT TO MICROSOFT POWER BI SERVICE AGREEMENT
USER TRIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED ENTITLEMENT TO USE THE MICROSOFT POWER BI SERVICE (“SERVICE”) DIRECTLY FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION THEN THIS SUPPLEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ORGANIZATION/IT ADMIN TO UNDERSTAND THE POLICIES AND TERMS THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO YOU. IF YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE SERVICE YOURSELF THEN THIS SUPPLEMENT IS APPLICABLE TO YOU, PLEASE READ THE TERMS BELOW CAREFULLY.
Thank you for choosing the User Trial (“User Trial”). Your use of the User Trial is governed by the terms and conditions of the Microsoft Power BI Service Agreement linked below (“Agreement”) and the terms and conditions of this Supplement, together, which are an agreement between you and Microsoft Corporation (or, based on where you live, one of its affiliates). All capitalized terms used in this Supplement, but not defined herein, shall have the meanings given to them in the Agreement. You should review this entire Supplement, including linked terms, because all of the terms are important and create this contract that applies to you. You can review linked terms by pasting the forward link into your browser window. In the event of any conflict between the Agreement and this Supplement, this Supplement will govern as to your use of the User Trial.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT OR USING THE USER TRIAL, YOU AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN INFORMATION DURING ACTIVATION OF THE USER TRIAL AND USE OF INTERNET-BASED FEATURES OF THE USER TRIAL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE USER TRIAL.
- User Trial as an Unmanaged Service
- When you sign up for the Service absent an Admin, you are using an unmanaged service (“Unmanaged Service”). The User Trial provides you, a user of an Unmanaged Service,the ability to buy additional service subscriptions for yourself (“Subscription”). When you purchase such additional Subscriptions, you represent that you are acting as an agent of your Organization.
- You understand that if an Admin assumes control of the Service, you will become a user of a managed service (“Managed Service”), and your access to the User Trial (as a user of an Unmanaged Service) may be terminated by your Admin.
- Term of User Trial. “Term” means the duration of your User Trial, which is 30 days. Microsoft may renew or extend the term at its discretion.
- Suspension/termination. You may terminate a User Trial at any time during its Term. We may suspend your User Trial if: (1) it is reasonably needed to prevent unauthorized access to Customer Data; (2) you fail to respond to a claim of alleged infringement as set forth under the Agreement within a reasonable time; or (3) you do not abide by or violate any terms of the Agreement. If one or more of these conditions occurs, then a suspension will apply while the condition or need exists. We will give notice before we suspend, except where we reasonably believe we need to suspend immediately. If you do not fully address the reasons for the suspension within 90 days, we may terminate your User Trial and delete your Customer Data without any retention period. We may also terminate your User Trial if your use of the Service is suspended more than twice in any 12-month period.
- Entire Agreement. This Supplement and the terms of the Agreement are the entire agreement for the User Trial. You can review the terms at any of the links in this agreement by typing the URLs into your browser address bar, and you agree to do so. You understand that by using the User Trial, you accept this Supplement and the linked terms. The links containing terms that bind you and us are:
- Privacy Statement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=512132&clcid=0xc07
- Microsoft Power BI Service Agreement: /de-at/terms-of-service/