Shape the future of energy using real-time data in Power BI
Improve and transform the way sustainable energy is managed and generate value across energy production, supply, distribution, and consumption using data-driven insights provided by Microsoft Power BI.
Make a more measurable impact
Operate for the future
Predict and plan for future customer demand.
- Help reduce operational variables and environmental impact by increasing real-time visibility of operations across the energy value chain.
- Get more out of your investment in IoT-enabled remote tracking by using it to drive AI analytics and actionable insights for sustainable decision-making.
- Transform reactive decisions to predictive and preventive strategies with enhanced critical equipment and resource management in energy production and distribution channels.
Transition to clean
Accelerate your transformation to renewable energy sources.
- Deepen data insights that can help you discover ways to reduce carbon emissions and deliver new renewable energy sources.
- Identify trends and impacts of greenhouse emissions using powerful visualisations and AI-enabled analytics.
- Improve production techniques and use advanced analytics to support an intelligent smart grid that enables an increased share of renewable energy.
Transform your workforce
Grow as a people-centric sustainable energy operator and service provider.
- Empower your employees to easily gather and share actionable insights at the point of impact using interactive data visualisations, live reports, and dashboards on the go and across the globe.
- Establish data governance aligned with energy industry regulations and compliance requirements within your company.
- Add user access controls and data protection to Power BI data with Microsoft Information Protection.
Envision sustainable energy for an increasingly digital world.
- Manage smart and efficient energy on a global and local scale.
- Identify new business models through AI-driven analysis of energy distribution, consumption, and customer demand in real time.
- Build a data-informed culture that uses business intelligence to identify and deliver on environmental standards and best practices for the energy industry.
How customers are simplifying sustainability with Power BI
"We used to have 1,000 SSRS reports. Now we have one standard report, which can be sent to everyone. We use row-level security, so when a customer signs in they only see their data. Our board absolutely loves Power BI!"
Reporting and Analytics Manager, Veolia
"We’d got to a crossroads where, if we really wanted to move it on, we were going to need to make some changes."
Global Head of Office 365, Centrica
"The Power BI dashboards we have implemented give us an umbrella that picks up data in different locations, giving us a unified source of information that we can easily understand and analyse."
Sustainability Deputy Director, EDP
Explore sample reporting and dashboard solutions for energy
Calculate and analyse electricity consumption and usage
Estimate and analyse the electrical energy used as well as cost associated with home appliances and average minutes usage per day.
Power generation and demand analysis
Get rich insights into the impact of shifting energy production from polluting non-renewable energy sources to renewable energy sources.
Water, Gas and Utilities consumption and distribution insights
Generate insights from existing energy distribution and consumption data to help facilitate actions for conservation and consumer awareness.