LatentView Analytics - Deep Dive Analysis on Movie and TV Series - This Power BI dashboard is developed for Producers and Content Creators of the Media and Entertainment Industry to understand the performance of Movies and TV series.
Target Audience - The Movie and TV Series Dashboard is intended to provide a drill down view of business trends to be consumed by Media and Entertainment Conglomerates, Production houses and Distribution companies
Business Problem - What is the problem we are trying to solve?COVID-19 outbreak has accelerated the shift in consumption pattern of viewers, with the gap between Box-office collection and VoD subscription revenues projected to increase every year. Hence, it becomes pertinent for E&M players to understand the impact of attributes like genre, Runtime and Themes on the performance indicators like Ratings, popularity and Revenue.
Business Solution - How Power BI can solve this problem?
LatentView’s experience informs that siloed platforms providing a disjointed view of the Organization’s data assets can be tackled by providing integrated visualisation solutions built using Power BI. In this use case, an integrated approach is pursued to build a PowerBI model by combining the IMDb dataset and user, critic reviews from Rotten tomatoes. Our pre-built NLP models, Interactive reports and dashboards will help E&M Players during the metamorphosis of business data into actionable insights.
The detailed drill-down of each tab in the report is explained below:
1. Home: Used to navigate to other tabs. Contains links to the IMDb data source, and to LatentView's website/social media handles.
2. Movie/Series Info: Collection of movies & series based on cohorts such as votes, rating, year, genre, actor/actress, etc. A single movie/series can also be filtered, and additional information on the movie is given on hover. The relationship between votes (popularity) and rating (acclaim) can be gauged for filtered movies.
3. Success Metrics: Used to identify whether certain genres, decades, runtimes correspond to higher popularity (votes) or acclaim (votes).
4. Covid Impact: Understand COVID-19 impact on votes/rating, no. of titles, genre composition, runtime. Performance in the Covid affected years (2020-21) is compared with that of the previous four years (2016-19) across all metrics to measure Covid impact.
5. Top Grossing Movies: Displays revenue ($) and rating (acclaim) of the top 200 grossing movies of all time. Movies are bucketed into low, medium and high based on rating, and top genres are indicated for each rating bucket. Additional information on the movie like Revenue Rank, Genre and Cast & Crew etc., along with the poster is given on hover.
6. Theme Analysis: Displays the spread of social themes across the Rating and Revenue quadrants. Average Ratings and Revenue for each theme, the corresponding Correlated themes and Genres, and the proportion of Movies by Revenue and Rating buckets will be displayed on hovering over the themes.