These are the release notes for Power BI Premium, a dedicated capacity giving your organization or team more dependable performance, larger data volumes, and the ability to distribute content without per-user licenses for viewers.
- Users with Power BI Free licenses can now view dashboards shared with them from Premium workspaces in the Power BI service.
- Capacity admins now automatically get capacity assignment permissions.
- Dynamic row-level security (RLS) is now available for embedded use cases. For more information, see Row-level security (RLS) with embedded analytics.
- Distributing Power BI apps to users in other AAD tenants using powerbi.com is not yet supported. We are working on enabling this.
- Users of the Personal Gateway must upgrade to the latest version in order to continue refreshing their data in Premium workspaces.
- Imported datasets greater than 1 GB are not supported in Premium capacity at initial release. We are working on enabling this.
- Users must log in at least once to the Power BI service before they can be assigned as capacity admins or given workspace assignment permissions.
- You may see transient cases where you achieve more Direct Query/live connection queries per second than what is included in your capacity SKU. You shouldn't rely on throughput above what is included in your capacity SKU.
Power BI Premium FAQ
How to purchase Power BI Premium
Managing Power BI Premium
Microsoft Power BI Premium whitepaper
Administering Power BI in your organization
More questions? Try asking the Power BI Community