Choose Power BI Pro
- Self-service and modern BI
- Collaboration, publishing, sharing, and ad hoc analysis
- Fully managed by Microsoft
Power BI Pro
Monthly price per userGet started
Add Power BI Premium
- Enterprise BI, big data analytics, cloud and on-premises reporting
- Advanced administration and deployment controls
- Dedicated cloud compute and storage resources
- Allow any user to consume Power BI content.
Power BI Premium
Monthly price per dedicated cloud compute and storage resourceRequest a consultation
There are three types of Power BI users to consider for your deployment:
Content creators create data visualizations and author reports. They use the free Power BI Desktop tool to prepare, model, and create data visualizations.
Content publishers require collaboration, data modeling, content authoring, dashboard sharing, ad hoc analysis, and report publishing. These users require a Power BI Pro license.
Content consumers use pre-published dashboards and reports. There are two options for giving consumers access to content—license everyone on Power BI Pro, or license Power BI Premium for large scale userbases.
Power BI cloud service comparison
Use the table below to help determine which collaboration, publishing, and consumption option is best for your organization.
Prices shown may be slightly higher than actual list price.
Prices shown per user per month, but annual subscription is required.
US pricing shown in USD for Commercial ERP through the Microsoft Online Subscription Program.
Academic, government, and nonprofit pricing available. Learn more.
Contact Microsoft to learn more about volume licensing.
A Power BI Pro license is required to:
- Distribute content to other users, and for peer-to-peer sharing and collaboration.
- Publish content to Power BI Premium.
- Receive content from other users unless the user is associated with dedicated capacity in Power BI Premium.
- Publish content to Power BI Report Server.