These are the June release notes for Power BI Premium, a dedicated capacity giving your organization or team more dependable performance, larger data volumes, and the ability to distribute content without per-user licenses for viewers.
Power BI Premium is not available yet, but coming soon. These documents are being made available ahead of the release of the offering.
June release notes
- Usage metrics for the capacity admin portal may under-report usage in the capacity. We are working on enabling this.
- Dynamic row-level security (RLS) is not yet available for embedded use cases. We are working on enabling this.
- Distributing Power BI apps to users in other AAD tenants using powerbi.com is not yet supported. We are working on enabling this.
- Users of the Personal Gateway must upgrade to the latest version in order to continue refreshing their data in Premium workspaces.
- Imported datasets greater than 1 GB are not supported in Premium capacity at initial release. We are working on enabling this.
- Users must log in at least once to the Power BI service before they can be assigned as capacity admins or given workspace assignment permissions.
- When you republish an existing dataset to Premium capacity, Q&A may take 1-2 hours to reflect the changes. This also applies to scheduled refreshes for datasets in Premium capacity. We are working on improving this.
- Quick Insights are not yet available for datasets in workspaces assigned to a Premium capacity. We are working on enabling this.
- You may see transient cases where you achieve more Direct Query/live connection queries per second than what is included in your capacity SKU. You shouldn't rely on throughput above what is included in your capacity SKU.
Power BI Premium FAQ
How to purchase Power BI Premium
Managing Power BI Premium
Microsoft Power BI Premium whitepaper
Administering Power BI in your organization
More questions? Try asking the Power BI Community