A subset of the survey data was cleaned and transformed in the Excel file and imported to Power BI. Report pages were built to highlight key metrics and trends regarding internet use in Great Britain. These can be used by businesses to understand the customer segments and for targeting.
• A map shows the regions with bubble sizes representing the percentage of households with internet access in 2016. A bar chart next to the map shows the percentages in 2006, 2011 and 2016 for the regions. Although city names are used in the map, the cities represent the broader Great Britain regions.
• Among those adults who accessed internet in the last 3 months, percent of people using each of the device types to access internet is plotted. The breakdown by gender and age group is also provided. A background image is added to make the report page more appealing.
• Internet activity trends are plotted from 2007 to 2016 showing how the percentage of people using internet for different activities have changed.
• Percentage of people using internet for different kinds of financial and learning activities in 2016 are shown along with different background images for financial and learning charts for easy identification of the purpose of the charts.
• Percentage of people making online purchases by goods categories is shown along with a breakdown by age group.