All the improvements of the ‘new look’, from navigation updates to the simplified action bar for reports and dashboards, begins rolling out next week and will be generally available to all tenants and users by early November. Thank you for your feedback during public preview as we made incremental updates to modernize and simplify the Power BI service.
Here’s a recap of key ‘new look’ improvements, see this prior blog post for more detail:
- Simplified action bar: The action bar has been made simpler and organized so it’s easier to find related actions and putting most common actions front and center.
- Page navigation settings: Report authors can choose where report page navigation sits, on the left as a pane or across the bottom as tabs.
- Minimize global navigation and collapse left page navigation: To give you more room to view and interact with your reports, we have updated interactions to minimize the global navigation and collapse the left pages navigation.
- New workspaces: Easier to scan, find what you need, get data, search, take quick actions, and more. Read all about workspaces updates here.
- Updated personal bookmarks: Previously, selecting a personal bookmark would update the bread crumb in the top bar with the name of the bookmark. Moving forward, the bookmark name will be updated inline within the context of your report action bar.
- View report details: See details such as last refresh date and contact information quickly, right in the top banner.
- Vertical list of pages: Report page names are now in a list in a vertical pane. They’re prominent, hard to miss, and similar to navigation in Word and PowerPoint.
- Improved filter experience: Updates such as viewing applied filters and the new filters pane are available by default with the ‘new look’.
- Dashboard experience: Dashboards also have a simplified action bar, just like reports and apps, for a consistent experience, while retaining the functional differences.
There will not be any visible changes for those already using ‘new look’ via the “New look on” toggle in the header or the tenant switch announced previously. Once the ‘new look’ has been released to all tenants and users, the user-facing “New look on” toggle will be removed from the header.
Have comments, feedback, or ideas for future improvements? We’d love to hear from you. You can vote on new feature ideas or discuss in forums, leave a comment below, or respond to in-product feedback prompts.