Seasonality can provide great insights that helps with decisions related to:
- Who are the current and/or prospective customers to target?
- What are the reasons to target them?
- What to say to them?
- What are the marketing activities to carry out, like advertising and promotions, customer engagement, etc.?
- What are the content to produce?
Based on the insights of our sales and customer data, we have several tools to work with:
- We can target a specific segment of our customer base by understanding our sales channel and customer touch points or sale locations.
- We can decide on the optimal time frame for our seasonal marketing campaign. For example, we start posting festive social media content on the first of December through to Christmas day. This means we are preparing in advance and executing our marketing initiatives at the appropriate times effortlessly.
- By aligning our campaigns in the right seasonal context and social conversation makes marketing content more relatable and more likely to capture attention.
- We can forecast seasonal sales based on historical data. This allows for better sales and marketing planning that gives better return on marketing investment.
Sales data is only one of many sources of data that provides valuable insights. We can consider digital resources such as keyword word-cloud and search trends to provide a richer analysis of seasonal patterns.