POP - Sports Science and Analytics
POP takes advantage of the Sports Performance Platform, a Microsoft Garage Project, aka SPP, to aggregate data from multiple data sources (e.g. local files, APIs) to customize a visual dashboard that explores team and athlete trends around work performed during practice and games as well as health/wellness.Entrar em contato com o parceiro Assistir vídeo
Leveraging Sports Performance Platform, a Microsoft Garage Project
POP takes advantage of the Sports Performance Platform to aggregate data from multiple data sources (e.g. local files, APIs) to customize a visual dashboard that explores team and athlete trends around work performed during practice and games as well as health/wellness.
Sports Performance Platform:
1. Aggregates other data sources to give a consolidated view from training to game day.
2. Allows teams to easily build applications or analytics so they can be customized to specific needs using extensible APIs and native Azure Cloud Services (e.g. PowerBI, Azure ML studio, Jupyter Notebooks, etc)
Sports teams are investing in IoT devices and Athlete Management Systems that generate a broad-spectrum of data about their athletes. The problem is that these systems aren't well-connected, creating a disaparate experience. On top of that, the volume of data is continually increasing, making it imperative that teams invest in cloud-based infrastructure for storage, reporting, and advanced analytics.
Teams would like something out-of-the-box to get them started with sports analytics, but they also require flexibility to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of competition.
Key questions to report on are:
1. How hard did my players work today?
2. How much capacity do my players have to do work?
3. What did the training week look like leading up to game day?
By answering these questions, teams can design training sessions to maximize athletes' output towards the end goal of winning.
The Sports Performance Platform uses a mixture of SSIS, Azure Data Factory, and custom code to load data from different data types into an Azure SQL database. POP utilizes that to build a relational database that PowerBI can connect to for rich reporting.
Now users can easily:
- Paint a clear picture of an athlete's training week leading up to game day
- Understand the impact of training to muscle soreness
- Evaluate how players are performing relative to their team and positional groups
- Utilize PowerBI + R functionality for deeper data exploration and customization
Deseja se tornar um parceiro Power BI?
Parceiros certificados são uma parte importante da equipe! Encontre novas oportunidades comerciais, faça contatos e compartilhe os talentos e experiência de sua empresa com usuários do Power BI pelo mundo todo.Inscrever-se
Precisa de ajuda para inscrever-se?
Entre em contato com o firstname.lastname@example.org.