Seats are filling up for fast for the Microsoft Data Insights Summit, happening March 22-23 in Bellevue, Washington. We’ve packed our schedule with speakers, sessions, hands-on demos for every experience level. Whether you’re a new or advanced user, you’ll discover something new during the conference—including compelling keynotes from Nate Silver and James Phillips—and some newly announced sessions. A few highlights:
Our general conference sessions are designed for everyone, regardless of experience and expertise:
- Communicate and analyze with impact – new charting capabilities in Excel. Discover the new charts introduced in Excel 2016 that will help you visually analyze more easily—and with impact.
- Effective dashboarding with Power BI. See how you can convert data into information by picking the right variables and visualize them effectively based on your goals.
- Excel and Power BI are better together. Learn how to use Excel and Power BI together to expand your effectiveness and impact. Includes a hands-on demonstration immediately after the session.
New to Power BI and Excel? These sessions will ramp you up and give you some ideas of where you can go with the tools:
- Whirlwind Tour of Power BI. Attend this session to develop a good understanding of Power BI basics. This fast-paced session will cover all the key components of the Power BI solutions through demos and discussion.
- Monitor your business using Power BI. Learn best practices and tips and tricks for you and your colleagues to build and maintain impactful Power BI solutions for your team.
Are you the Power BI or Excel expert in your organization? These sessions will take you deeper into your favorite tools.
- Keeping your Power BI data up-to-date the easy way. Hear about best practices and get invaluable tips to help keep your reports up-to-date and your team working at full speed.
- Mashups and data modeling with Power BI Desktop. Join the Power BI Desktop team to learn basic concepts, features and best practices.
- Securing your data in Power BI. Learn everything you should know around security and Power BI. Learn how to leverage on-premises Analysis Services security, how to share dashboards outside of your organization and how to secure mobile applications with Intune.
Featured conference speakers
Our inaugural conference speakers will include:
- Nate Silver, Founder, FiveThirtyEight. Silver launched the field of data predictions into the public eye with his accurate analyses during the 2008 and 2012 elections. Today, he’s pioneering the new field of data journalism with his award-winning website, FiveThirtyEight.
- James Phillips, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s business applications, platform and intelligence. Phillips oversees Microsoft’s business applications, platform and intelligence organization. His teams build and operate the products and services that form the Microsoft business intelligence product line, such as Power BI and SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
- Rob Collie, Owner/Founder, PowerPivotPro. One of the founding engineers behind Power Pivot during his 14-year career at Microsoft, and creator of the world’s first cloud Power Pivot service, Rob is one of the foremost authorities on self-service business intelligence and next-generation spreadsheet technology.
- Sam Savage, Executive Director, Probability Management Organization. Dr. Savage is the author of “The Flaw of Averages: Why We Underestimate Risk in the Face of Uncertainty,” the book that started the Probability Management revolution, and is Executive Director of ProbabilityManagement.org, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has been cited in the MIT Sloan Management Review for “improving communication of uncertainty.”
Registration is now open. Register today to claim your spot at the Microsoft Data Insights Summit, March 22-23, 2016 at the Bellevue Hyatt in Bellevue, Washington. Registration rate: $299. Register now to guarantee your slot.