The Power BI team loves geography so in honor of National Geographic’s Geography Awareness Week November 17th -23rd, we created this video to quiz you about some of our favorite “geo facts”.
Where are highest and lowest points on Earth? Where is the hottest and coldest point? Watch the video below to find the answers to these questions and more!
In order to create the Power Map tour, we simply used Power Query Online Search to find Wikipedia datasets in the Public Data Catalog that answered the questions we wanted to ask in our quiz. Try out these new data search and 3D geospatial visualization capabilities in Excel yourself to see if you can create another “Geo Quiz” of your own and that stumps your friends!
For more information on Power BI for Office 365, follow these next steps:
- Install Power Map Preview for Excel today.
- Install Power Query Preview for Excel today.
- Sign up for Power BI Preview.
- Access Power BI and Power Map Getting Started and Samples
- Access Power Query Documentation and samples.
- Follow the Power BI Getting Started guide.
- Join in on the conversation on Twitter by following us @MSPowerBI and @Office using hashtags #PowerBI and #PowerMap, and like us on Facebook at Microsoft BI and Office
- Once you are a “Power BI Pro” enter our Demo Contest for a chance to win an Xbox One, Surface Pro 2 and a trip to the 2014 PASS Business Analytics Conference!