Today we’re announcing for the 13th consecutive year, Microsoft has been positioned as a leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms*. For the second year, Microsoft is positioned furthest to the right for completeness of vision and furthest up in the ability to execute within the leaders’ quadrant.
We would like to thank our customers and community members for your passion and enthusiasm. You created ideas and voted over 500,000 times on Ideas.PowerBI.com and we’ve delivered capabilities that cover over 200,000 of your votes. Many of the strengths of Power BI come directly from our customer feedback such as:
- Power BI insights, Office 365 productivity. Power BI looks and feels exactly like the Office applications that everyone already knows, making every user instantly productive.
- Find answers fast with industry-leading AI. Power BI incorporates many of the latest advances in Microsoft AI to help non-data scientists prepare data, build machine learning models, and find insights quickly from both structured and unstructured data, including text and images.
- Meet the most demanding enterprise needs. Power BI works together with Azure Synapse Analytics to enable fast, interactive analysis across petabytes of data.
- Comprehensive data protection. Power BI is the only BI product that secures your data through Microsoft Information Protection and Microsoft Cloud App Security, even when data is exported out of Power BI.
- Turn insights into action. Go from data to insights and insights to action with the Microsoft Power Platform, combining Power BI with Power Apps and Power Automate to easily build business applications and automate workflows.
Your passion has resulted in phenomenal growth. Today, Power BI is available in 43 languages and deployed in 40 datacenters around the world. Over 200,000 customers around the world use Power BI and bring 40 petabytes of data into Power BI every month. The Power BI community has grown quickly to over one million members in less than five years. Over 97 percent of Fortune 500 companies use Power BI today.
One recent success story on how enterprises are leveraging Power BI to enable every single employee to harness the power of data is the Miami HEAT. The HEAT has one of the highest customer satisfaction scores in the National Basketball Association and that comes from a sharp focus on delivering superior fan experiences. To make every game and team interaction memorable, the HEAT relies on insights gained through Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Azure to gain a 360-degree view of customers and operations and to increase fan engagement.
“With Power BI… we can immediately integrate information across lines of business—from arena activity to online retail and social engagement—and present that data across mobile devices, desktops, and tablets.”- Matthew Jafarian: Executive Vice President of Business Strategy at Miami HEAT
Don’t forget to join me for our community event Ask Arun Anything where I will be answering questions from our customers and community and get your copy of the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms *
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Microsoft. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Gartner document has been renamed to “Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms” in 2018. It was known as: Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms from 2013 to 2017, Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms from 2009 to 2012, and Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms, 2008.”
2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms, Analyst(s): James Richardson, Rita Sallam, Kurt Schlegel, Austin Kronz, Julian Sun