We are happy to announce a new Data Visualization course available on edX.
Learn how to connect and visualize your data with Power BI, Microsoft’s latest business intelligence tools and services.
In this course, you will learn how to connect, explore, and visualize data with Power BI.
This course is taught in short, lecture-based videos, complete with demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs. The Power BI product team will guide you through Power BI end-to-end, starting from how to connect to and import your data, author reports using Power BI Desktop, publish those reports to the Power BI service, create dashboards, and share to business users so that they can consume the dashboards through the web and their mobile devices.
What you’ll learn
- Connecting, importing, shaping and transforming data for business intelligence
- Visualizing data, authoring reports, and scheduling automated refresh of your reports
- Creating and sharing dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop and Excel
- Using natural language queries
- Creating real time dashboards
- Understanding key concepts in business intelligence, data analysis, and data visualization
- Importing your data and automatically creating dashboards from services such as Marketo, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Connecting to and importing your data, then shaping and transforming that data
- Enriching your data with business calculations
- Visualizing your data and authoring reports
- Scheduling automated refresh of your reports
- Creating dashboards based on reports and natural language queries
- Sharing dashboards across your organization
- Consuming dashboards in mobile apps
- Leveraging your Excel reports within Power BI
- Creating custom visualizations that you can use in dashboards and reports
- Collaborating within groups to author reports and dashboards
- Sharing dashboards effectively based on your organization’s needs
- Exploring live connections to data with Power BI
- Connecting directly to SQL Azure, HD Spark, and SQL Server Analysis Services
- Introduction to Power BI Development API
- Leveraging custom visuals in Power BI