Today we’re thrilled to announce that for the 11th consecutive year, Microsoft has been positioned as a leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.* And for the third year, Microsoft is positioned furthest to the right for completeness of vision within the Leaders quadrant.
This is an exciting milestone, and it is Microsoft’s perspective that this underscores our global leadership and its relentless commitment to innovation, agile execution, and visionary roadmap to deliver high-value to customers and partners in a constantly changing market.
Power BI has helped transform hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world by providing self-service analytics at scale. Here are top reasons why customers have chosen Power BI as their analytic platform solution:
- High value| Users can start free with Power BI Desktop. Organizations can then choose to license users individually at a low monthly cost or extend business intelligence broadly with Power BI Premium—purchasing only the capacity that’s needed. Since Power BI integrates with their existing tools, it’s instantly familiar and quick to transition.
- Comprehensive analytics solution | Comprehensive capabilities allow users to model, analyze, and author to deliver business insights. Organizations enjoy a flexible architecture that provides strong integration with Microsoft and 3rd party products and technologies for streamlined deployment.
- Centralized management | Organizations can deploy in minutes and distribute BI content with just a few clicks. They can take advantage of the agility of self-service analytics with IT governance from Power BI.
- Global scale | Organizations have the flexibility to deploy their BI solution where they reside with global presence. Power BI provides guaranteed reliability and performance from a trusted company.
- Security, governance, and compliance | Organizations can rely on a BI platform that helps comply with stringent industry standards and certifications, plus keep their data secure and control how it is accessed and used.
We’re honored and proud to see the positive impact that Power BI continuously delivers to customers and to hear their feedback:
- “We use Power BI in Office 365 to turn data into insights, so we can ensure our place in the future of the luxury car industry.” — Andrew Palmer, Chief Executive Officer, Aston Martin
- “We’re using Power BI to tell a better, more effective story to our partners. And we know it’s working because we’re seeing more subscriptions, followers, and retweets, and higher partner engagement numbers.” — Jessica Raymond, Director, Marketing, BitTitan
- “With Office 365 E5, we’re delivering an intelligent workplace, where employees gain self-service access to interactive, graphical reports and dashboards through Microsoft Power BI. Our employees use this service to create their own reports on demand. And for Henkel, there’s huge benefit in supporting efficient, widespread access to business information, such as increased agility in a market that’s moving faster than ever. The possibility to quickly assess the impact of an advertising campaign might serve as a good example: It’s easy to use Power BI to analyze real-time sales data and fine-tune our marketing activities to drive sales.” - Markus Petrak, Corporate Director, Henkel
You can see the new AI-driven analytics and data storytelling capabilities driving these results in action watching the latest episode of Microsoft Mechanics.
Finally, and most importantly, we remain committed and inspired by the great feedback and engagement we see from our community around Power BI. Since July 2015, our engineers have worked hard to listen and incorporate feedback from more than 200,000 active community participants who have submitted over 6,000 ideas. This level of input has directly influenced the evolution of our product. Also, with more than 250 showcased solutions, our partner network brings a wealth of experience across a wide number of industries, technologies and geographies.
Thanks for being a part of our journey and vision. We look forward to driving even greater innovation, progress, and value in the data visualization, exploration and insights space.
Get the Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms * report to learn more about Microsoft’s leadership in the industry.
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Microsoft. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.