These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
- Internet-based services, and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
As described below, using some features also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain standard computer information for Internet-based services.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the perpetual rights below.
- INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
- Installation and Use. You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your Android devices.
- Third Party Notices. The software includes third party code, that Microsoft, not the third party, licenses to you under the terms set forth in this agreement. Notices, if any, for any third party code are included for your information only.
- ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
- Media Elements and Templates. You may copy and use images, clip art, animations, sounds, music, shapes, video clips and templates provided with the software and identified for such use in documents and projects that you create. You may distribute those documents and projects non-commercially. If you wish to use these media elements or templates for any other purpose, go to microsoft.com/permissionto learn whether that use is allowed.
- INTERNET ACCESS MAY BE REQUIRED. You may incur charges related to Internet access, data transfer and other services per the terms of the data service plan and any other agreement you have with your network operator due to use of the software. You are solely responsible for any network operator charges.
- INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time.
- Consent for Internet-Based or Wireless Services. The software may connect to Internet-based wireless services. Your use of the software operates as your consent to the transmission of standard device information (including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals) for Internet-based or wireless services. If other terms are provided in connection with your use of the services, those terms also apply.
- Misuse of Internet-based Services. You may not use any Internet-based service in any way that could harm it or impair anyone else’s use of it or the wireless network. You may not use the service to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
- SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is license, not sold. Unless applicable law gives you more rights, Microsoft reserves all other rights not expressly granted under this agreement, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise. You must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain way. You may not
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software;
- transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
- DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see microsoft.com/exporting.
- SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
- APPLICABLE LAW.
- United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
- Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
- LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights or statutory guarantees under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
FOR AUSTRALIA – You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms is intended to affect those rights.
- LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
- TRADEMARK NOTICES. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, some of these license terms are provided below in French.
Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, les termes de cette licence sont fournis ci- EXCLUSIONS DE GARANTIE. Le logiciel est concédé sous licence « en l’état ». Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation. Microsoft n’accorde aucune garantie ou condition expresse. Vous pouvez bénéficier de droits des consommateurs supplémentaires ou de garanties statutaires dans le cadre du droit local, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. Lorsque cela est autorisé par le droit local, Microsoft exclut les garanties implicites de qualité, d’adéquation à un usage particulier et d’absence de contrefaçon.
POUR L’AUSTRALIE – La loi australienne sur la consommation (Australian Consumer Law) vous accorde des garanties statutaires qu’aucun élément du présent accord ne peut affecter.
LIMITATION ET EXCLUSION DE RECOURS ET DE DOMMAGES. Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs limitée uniquement à hauteur de 5,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez prétendre à aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages spéciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de bénéfices.
Cette limitation concerne :
- toute affaire liée au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers et
- les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d’une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s’applique également même si Microsoft connaissait l'éventualité d'un tel dommage. La limitation ou exclusion ci-dessus peut également ne pas vous être applicable, car votre pays n’autorise pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit.