Microsoft Build is returning to Seattle in May. Build is the ultimate annual Microsoft developer event, where the most innovative minds in tech meet under one roof to get inspired, create tomorrow, and code the future. The conference takes place May 7–9, 2018, at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.
The Microsoft Business Application Platform allows you to customize, extend, and build all the apps you need. Build with PowerApps or on top of Dynamics 365 or Power BI to transform the way business gets done and provide everyone with actionable insights.
Building on last year’s success, the Power BI team is expanding the content for this year’s event to include sessions for Power BI, Power BI Embedded, and Custom Visual developers:
Three breakout sessions
- End to end business intelligence with Microsoft Power BI: Bring your applications data to life with Microsoft Power BI advanced data modeling and visualization capabilities. Learn how to load data and build semantic data models which can scale to massive size. Use those models to bring insights to your organization and the users of your application with interactive report and dashboard visualizations.
- Supercharge your app with Power BI Embedded analytics: Help your customers turn insights into action with Power BI Embedded, a service that empowers ISVs and developers to put decision making power directly into their customers’ hands by embedding interactive visuals and analytics into their applications while avoiding the overhead of building analytics from scratch.
- Grow your business with custom visuals for Power BI: Learn how the unique open source visualization platform of Power BI can enrich your BI solution and delight your customers with stunning visualizations in their report and dashboards, tailor-made to your customer’s needs. Learn how Power BI custom visuals generate a competitive edge for your business, empowering you to create best-of-breed solutions to your customers. Get up to speed with what’s new and what’s coming up for custom visuals.
- Develop a real time Power BI dashboard: In this lab, you will use a pre-developed application—designed to explore many Power BI REST API methods—to produce a real-time dashboard.
- Develop with Power BI/Power BI Embedded REST API: This lab focuses on development practices for embedding Power BI reports, dashboards and the Q&A experience.
- Develop a Power BI Custom Visual: In this lab, you will develop a Power BI custom visual named Circle Card to display a formatted measure value inside a circle. The Circle Card will support customization of fill color and thickness of its outline.
Three Theatre sessions
- Common Data Service for Analytics capability in Power BI: Learn about the new Common Data Service for Analytics capability in Power BI that was recently announced. Understand the opportunity ISVs and developers have to build Power BI apps that deliver added analytical value to customers using CDS for Analytics capability.
- Growing your datasets beyond 1 GB with Power BI Premium: Enable your users to build larger in memory Power BI datasets then they ever could before with Power BI Premium. Learn how to incrementally load only the new data as it becomes available and break through the 1 GB barrier.
- Power BI Workspace Collections migration: Learn where to get migration support and details for the retirement of Power BI Workspace Collections
Two Expo Stations
- Find us in the Business Applications expo sector and in the Data expo sector. Get your questions answered, see demos of the latest features, and pick up a comic book or two.
We hope you’ll join us at the Microsoft Build in Seattle this May 7-9. Be sure to register today as space is limited and filling up quickly!