Predictive ASM is an application that provides the right levers to deliver guaranteed productivity improvements in the areas of ETL, BI reporting and EDW through the use of Analytics ultimately delivering predictive and prescriptive intelligence to the business.Contact partner
WHAT IS IT?
Predictive ASM is an application that provides the right levers to deliver guaranteed productivity improvements in the areas of ETL, BI reporting and EDW through the use of Analytics ultimately delivering predictive and prescriptive intelligence to the business. The tools are aligned with HCL’s holistic MaSCoT / ALT ASM methodologies which are transformational in nature
• Clients want to lower their operating costs associated with traditional BI supp. & maint. while also increasing data availability & business self-service
• Zero risk transition from one vendor to another
• Factual analysis of As-is landscape and propose a mature solution with suggestions on areas of improvement
HCL POINT OF VIEW(POV)
• HCL Analytics capabilities can be used to increase ASM win ratios and differentiate HCL ASM from other IOPs.
• ASM profit margins can be improved with improved BI estimating capabilities and tools
• Build Predictive models on historical ITSM data to more efficiently address volume of incidents.
The ASM analysis tool ingests ticket data directly from ServiceNow or ITSM and stores the information in an Azure SQL Server database in the cloud. Relevant fields are processed by analytical models published as web services (actual model development and updates are conducted in Azure ML).
Initial evaluation of the data by the analytical models will immediately return predictions and suggestions relating to the use cases. These together with the latest incident trends and the particular incident most important information are shown to the operator through a Power BI dashboard. The operator can then take action on the incident evaluation and suggestions given by the tool to ensure the most efficient outcome.
HCL has identified the most influential use cases for ASM that will result in tangible cost reduction for customers. These include:
• Prediction of SLA violations
• Prediction of incident escalations
• Identification of High Impact incidents at the time of submission
• Ticket routing suggestions to most suitable technical support specialist
• Association of incident classes to root causes
• Association of incidents to relevant KB articles in knowledge base
• Monitoring of incident types, volumes and trends
• Ticket volume forecast
HCL created the ASM analysis tool with the intent to allow the resolution of the maximum number of tickets with the minimum number of people in the minimum amount of time. HCL operates under the premise that predictive analysis leads to effective problem management, itself leading to ticket volume reduction that ultimately translates into cost savings and value additions that benefit the business.
USE CASE SCENARIOS
AUTOMATION TOOLKIT – EOMC, ABaC and ETL Scheduling tools helps in lowering RTB Costs for BI & Analytics Services and free up working capital to invest in CTB programs
ESTIMATION TOOLKIT – enables Scorecard based ASM process and health assessment framework
PREDICTIVE & PRESCRIPTIVE INTELLIGENCE – Predictive modeling to identify system outage based upon historical and log information and provide preventive maintenance suggestion to avoid system outage